Welcome to Verisimilitudes, our regular round-up of the past week’s activity. It’s your one-stop source for all of the bits and bleeps we’ve been posting here and on social platforms.
Well, it’s finally time to roll out the red carpet! Tonight is Oscar night, people!! You might not believe it, but we have managed to watch and review every single nominated film. We are completely exhausted, so without further ado, here are the highlights from Typographical Era this week:
Things we loved:
- Brain Pickings helped us celebrate Edward Gorey’s birthday!
- Flavorwire told us about the 10 sexiest books of all time
- Publishers Weekly told us about the best new book releases this week
- Book Riot posted a list of authors who deserve official biographies
Things you may have missed:
- We reviewed books by Julian R. Vaca, Keith Ridgway, Louise Erdrich, and B.S. Johnson
- We reviewed the following films: Zero Dark Thirty, and Inocente,
- We interviewed author S.J. Ziegler about his new young adult novel Nicholas and Kristina
- We watched and reviewed Oscar-nominated Live Action and Animated short films
- We’re keeping track of the Los Angeles Times 2012 Books Prizes Fiction and First Fiction shortlists. Check out more Typographical Era literary award coverage here!
- We celebrated Toni Morrison’s birthday with a Favorite Fiction retrospective