Welcome to Verisimilitudes, our regular round-up of the past week’s activity. It’s your one-stop source for all of the bits and bleeps we’ve been posting here and on social platforms.
It’s been a great week for literary awards. Between the PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction shortlist announcement, the Barnes and Noble Discover award winner announcement, and the Best Translated Book Award nominees, we have a lot of reading to do! Which literary award are you most excited about? We know, it’s hard to pick just one. Lucky for you, we’re doing our best to keep up with all the shortlists, longlists, and winners of major literary awards over at our Awards Tracker page! Check it out, along with anything else you may have missed at Typographical Era this week:
Things we loved:
- Typographical Era was mentioned in the Three Percent Podcast about the Best Translated Book Award nominees. Thanks for the shout-out!
- BuzzFeed posted: 14 Classic Albums Reimagined as Books
- AMC announced another season of The Killing
- Things are getting pretty intense with the Tournament of Books
- Largehearted Boy featured a Book Notes interview with Jamie Quatro. We can’t wait to read her new short story collection, I Want to Show You More
Things you may have missed:
- We reviewed the following books:
- Are these the worst gaming instructions ever?
- The Independent Foreign Fiction Prize 2013 longlist was announced
- Congratulations to Jeremy Bolden, who won our giveaway of Ruth Ozeki’s novel, A Tale for the Time Being
- We put together a cheat sheet for the Best Translated Book Award nominees
- The Hammett Prize 2013 shortlist was announced
- The PEN/Faulkner Award for Fiction shortlist was announced
- We found 5 more awesomely awful book covers