Welcome to Verisimilitudes, our regular round-up of the past week’s activity. It’s your one-stop source for all of the bits and bleeps we’ve been posting here and on social platforms.
Things we loved:
- If you’re in your twenties, Buzzfeed says you need to read these 65 books
- May 13th – 19th was Children’s Book Week! You told us that some of your favorite authors of children’s literature include Mo Willems, Malcolm Saville, Elinor Lyon, E Nesbit & Frank Richards
- Flavorwire told us about these 10 Forgotten Fantastical Novels
Things you may have missed:
- We told you about these horrible Mother’s Day-themed book covers
- We had a conversation with Julie Smutko Daugherty about her debut novel, The Corner Stone
- We had a conversation with Kind Campaign founders Lauren Parsekian and Molly Thompson about their personal experiences with bullying
- We reviewed the following novels:
- We reviewed the documentary film, Finding Kind
- Our season two recaps of AMC’s The Killing rolled on
- We gave away some free 2 month access codes to IndieFlix on our Facebook page
Did we miss something that shook the book world this past week? Let us know about it!