Welcome to Verisimilitudes, our regular round-up of the past week’s activity. It’s your one-stop source for all of the bits and bleeps we’ve been posting here and on social platforms.
Summer reading season has officially begun! We’re hoping to get some poolside reading done in the coming weeks, so while we slather on SPF and break out the flip flops and sunglasses, have a look at what you may have missed at Typographical Era this week:
Things we loved:
- We found out that Douglas Coupland will be releasing a new book this September entitled Worst. Person. Ever.
- Flavorwire told us about these books you should definitely NOT read in your 20s
- Looking for some substantial beach reading? Check out Flavorwire’s list of 20 Highbrow Books to Read on the Beach This Summer
- High school students turned Jami Attenberg’s novel The Middlesteins into a humorous YouTube video.
Things you may have missed:
- We reviewed the following books:
- We announced the Critical Era Book Club selection for the month of June: The Execution of Noa P. Singleton by Elizabeth L. Silver
- We gave you 5 reasons to visit your local library this summer
- We’re almost done with our recaps of season 2 of The Killing
- We have officially launched our Typographical 500 project! Help us reach 500 likes on Facebook and we will be giving away 20 free books!