Welcome to Verisimilitudes, our regular round-up of the past week’s activity. It’s your one-stop source for all of the bits and bleeps we’ve been posting here and on social platforms.
We sincerely hope you all enjoyed a safe and enjoyable 4th of July holiday weekend complete with barbecue and fireworks! Here’s what you may have missed at Typographical Era this week:
Things we loved:
- We thoroughly enjoyed this book trailer for The Unknowns by Gabriel Roth
- Flavorwire helped us celebrate Franz Kafka’s 130th birthday
- These redesigned book covers that are missing a letter are absolutely hilarious
- We are so ready for Joy Castro’s Nearer Home, the sequel to her thriller, Hell or High Water. Check out this interview with the author in Cosmopolitan
Things you may have missed:
- We reviewed Die a Little by Megan Abbott
- We revealed a few of our favorite books from the first half of 2013
- How may hours do you spend reading per week? Here’s our look at how your habits stack up against the rest of the world.
- We told you about 5 books that will help you beat the summer heat
- We’re giving away a copy of Jessica Hagy’s book HOW TO BE INTERESTING. Enter for a chance to win here. Read our full review here.