Welcome to Verisimilitudes, our regular round-up of the past week’s activity. It’s your one-stop source for all of the bits and bleeps we’ve been posting here and on social platforms. Enjoy!
This week, after a long delay, we’re proud to finally be able to unveil our brand new image for this weekly segment.
What do you think? Is it a keeper or should we go back to the drawing board and start again?
Things we loved:
- Huffington Post told us about 11 upcoming mystery/thrillers to look forward to this fall
- Get ready to go back to school with this list of 50 great campus novels by Flavorwire
- According to Entertainment Weekly, Aziz Ansari is working to publish a book about the intersection of dating and technology.
- We’re loving these fall book preview lists, and Entertainment Weekly told us about a few more titles you should be looking forward to.
- The 49th Shelf posted a fall preview as well which features upcoming novels from Critical Era favorite Nicole Lundrigan and Man Booker nominee Eleanor Catton.
Things you may have missed:
- We reviewed the following books:
- Aaron reviewed The Deep, a film directed by Baltasar Kormakur
- In the latest edition of #Hashtags, Aaron looked forward to this week’s Best New Fiction: September article, by revealing 3 books that just missed the cut.
- We’re still keeping up with the 2013 Man Booker Prize Longlist over at BookerMarks, so head on over to our companion site for full Booker coverage
- Karli is getting excited about the Decatur Book Festival this Labor Day weekend. Here are a few reasons why you should attend.