Welcome to Verisimilitudes, our regular round-up of the past week’s activity. It’s your one-stop source for all of the bits and bleeps we’ve been posting here and on social platforms.
Things we loved:
- Flavorwire celebrated Labor Day with this list of must-read working class books
- Publishers Weekly told us about these timeless coming-of-age novels
- Check out Kristin Chenoweth’s guilty pleasure reading list
- Huffington Post told us about 14 authors who are really jerks. Did your favorite writer make the list?
- How many of these southern literary landmarks have you visited?
Things you may have missed:
- We reviewed the following books:
- Aaron reviewed the film, The Hypnotist
- Karli told us about her trip to the 2013 Decatur Book Festival
- We had a conversation with other BookerMarks bloggers about Colm Tóibín book, The Testament of Mary
- In this week’s edition of #Hashtags, Aaron gets astrological in his breakdown of Eleanor Catton’s novel, The Luminaries