Welcome to Verisimilitudes, our regular round-up of the past week’s activity. It’s your one-stop source for all of the bits and bleeps we’ve been posting here and on social platforms.
Things we loved:
- Congratulations to Eleanor Catton, winner of the 2013 Man Booker Prize for her novel The Luminaries. For more Man Booker news and reviews, visit our sister site, BookerMarks
- Know your Myers-Briggs personality type? Then check out these perfect books for each Myers-Briggs type
- We’re loving this BookRitot story about libraries in unexpected places
- Check out this Flavorwire list of scary movies for people with phobias…if you dare!
Things you may have missed:
- We had a discussion about Jhumpa Lahiri’s newest novel, The Lowland, in the latest edition of Conversational Era
- We told you about the best new books in translation for the week of October 15, 2013
- We reviewed the following books:
- We had a conversation with Gabi Gleichmann abut his new novel, The Elixir of Immortality
- We gave you an overview of the National Book Awards 2013 Fiction shortlist
- In this week’s edition of #Hashtags, Aaron discusses Fidel Castro, JFK, and the 2014 Oscars