Welcome to Verisimilitudes, our regular round-up of the past week’s activity. It’s your one-stop source for all of the bits and bleeps we’ve been posting here and on social platforms.
Things we loved:
- Congratulations to the 2013 Scotiabank Giller Prize winner, Lynn Cody!
- Flavorwire told us about 45 American Indie Bookstores to support this season
- Both Amazon and The Millions released their lists of the best books of 2013
Things you may have missed:
- Aaron shared 5 unlikable protagonists that everyone should meet
- We told you about the best new books in translation for the week of November 5, 2013.
- Speaking of books in translation, Typographical Era is proud to announce the nominees for the very first Typographical Translation Award, designed to recognize outstanding achievements in translated literature. Cast your vote by November 28!
- Karli told you about 10 more book to screen adaptations we’d love to see.
- We discussed Dennis Bock’s novel, Going Home, with Bella’s Bookshelves blogger Steph VanderMeulen
- We reviewed the following books: